Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chapter 1 of my story

Ok...so I'm new to the whole "blogging" thing, but I must say that I recently have spent hours searching every nook and cranny, investigating and researching various cupcake and baking blogs and websites....in search for the perfect cupcake recipes and mouth watering pictures. I found a few favorite websites that were very relatable and had creative recipes.

My search for cupcake recipes was not only inspired by my love of baking and the need to find trustworthy recipes for my mammouth task of baking hundreds of cupcakes for my graduation, but because I believe people are passionate about things for a reason and purpose. I am passionate about baking...but I believe it has more purpose than racking up the calories for me, my family, and friends.

I am a Christian and my family is involved with a missionary who does extensive work in Cambodia, Tibet, Laos, and Central America. The more I learn about the work that they do, from microeconomic development, to heart screenings, to building schools across Cambodia, the more my heart burned with a need to help. An entire nation is being changed and lives being rebuilt without firing a bullet. Needless to say, I am more than elated that I will soon be traveling to Singapore, Laos, and Cambodia for a total of 10 days.


cupcake I baked right before this blog!






It wasn't long before my passions became intertwined; I believe God placed a huge dream in my heart which is this: to use my passion for baking for a bigger cause, one that can help children in Cambodia, effect the lives of families in Tibet, and raise awareness and action from those who would buy the cupcakes. My dream is to one day (very soon) open a bakery where a portion of the profits of every cupcake go straight towards aiding and education children in Cambodia. Until then, I am perfecting my skills and finding more people to become as passionate about this as I am.

Well, that's my story. Enjoy the pictures, stories, and create memories of your own!



p.s. if you want to learn more about getting involved in what's happening in Cambodia, check out South East Asia Prayer Center.
These are cupcakes from the 4th of July 2011

1 comment:

  1. Dana, I just found this and this is SO awesome. Wow, I'm just mindblown that God put those two passions together.

    ReplyDelete