Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome to the family!

sponsorship packet! 
I almost never get things in the mail. And when I do they're usually not very exciting...but there is one piece of mail that causes me to just about squeal with delight and rip it open as fast as possible: sponsorship packets from SEAPC.

I am blessed with sponsoring 2 children personally, 1 boy with funds raised from Cupcakes for Cambodia, and as the contact person for 5 children who I support with prayers and letters (they are supported financially by the company my dad works for).

But the family is growing! I just found out that my first daughter, Dim has a sister who has come to live in the Siem Reap Children's home. I also have 6 new children that I am contact for, and there are 4 more on the way.
Doeun, Dim's sister at Siem Reap

I couldn't have been happier to receive that lovely piece of mail...After spending 2 extended weekends with the kids on the celebration of hope tour and having to say good-bye I was really missing my Khmer family. I'm sure I will be busy writing letter, memorizing birthdays and thinking about Christmas presents!

Kosal Chean
It is such a blessing to be able build a relationship with every single child and teenager and watch as God fills them with hope, gives them a dream, places a fire in their heart to go out and change not only their lives but their nation and this world.

The stories and testimonies of the kids on the Celebration of Hope Tour was amazing. I can't wait to visit all my new sponsor kids/siblings and find out what dream God has placed in their heart, watch how their eyes light up because they have been given a hope and a future.

Thank you to the Southeast Asia Prayer Center and New Hope for Orphans staff and volunteers who pour out their lives for the lives of others. I think of you all often and pray for you daily. I am so thankful that God brought you into my life and how you've changed it to the better! Blessings on all of you and may you be graced to continue this good work.
Noy Khut

Chum Khut
With Love,
Dana




Bob Pata Lim

Makara Meun

Srey Nat Chor

No comments:

Post a Comment